Please advise if it is possible to change how the customer’s name appears on the chat window. Currently, our chatbox calls the client’s “You” and we would prefer it say “Customer” or “Me”.
It is possible to change Admin and User names from Chat plugin in WordPress dashboard of the website and from wp-chat.com account. Follow the steps below:
– from WordPress website dashboard go to ‘Chat’;
– open ‘Chat Signatures’;
– write the name you want for Admin Signature and one for User Signature;
– Save Changes.
- Login at wp-chat.com account;
- In front of necessary website click on Widget;
- Move to the Text area and find Admin Signature;
- Save and activate changes to recognise them